Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Spring Has Sprung 2!

 

Lately we've been having foggy, misty mornings which turn into warm, sunny days.  I don't know if it's our proximity to the lake or our elevation, or just extra humidity but it makes for some hazardous driving and difficulty waking up. This weekend we're expecting July high temperatures and high humidity and just yesterday we were all feeling a bit chilly. It makes it hard to know how to dress one day to the next!  Oh well, at least it's never boring.  The flowers seem pretty happy with it so far, and I do love to see them blooming away.

When I see the mist it reminds me of being at my sister-in-law's house in the Adirondaks.  She ha a brook running through her land and in the early mornings in the summer you can follow how the brook runs through the forest by the mist which rises from it above the trees.  Nature is an amazing thing  There is something quieting about the fresh smell of moist pine trees in the early morning and sitting outside sipping a cup of hot tea that I feel nowhere else. I look forward to our yearly trip there, and she is a gracious hostess.  In the meantime I find things at home to quiet my mind and enjoy in nature.

The Azaleas are beautiful this year. I bought them perhaps 25 years ago at a supermarket in 4" pots.
I love these little petunia like flowers and get some every year in hanging baskets. The bees seem to really enjoy them, sometimes we get hummingbirds at them as well.
More Azaleas and a wind chime I hung this year on a broken but still useful hook on the inside corner of the deck.
A basket of mixed color petunia like flowers. It's so hard to choose just one color! So I like to get them all mixed together in one basket. 
I think the lighting in this picture of an Azalea is quite dramatic considering I took it with my phone. Soon the petals will fall off the flowers and it will just be green. Still nice, but not as showy as it is now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poem about fog is wonderful, and your sister-in-law's property and brook sound lovely! There is beauty and peace in fog and misty scenes!
Ralph