Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Wrapping Up 2022

 As the year ends I reflect on what I may have learned this trip around the sun we have all just completed. So, the most important thing I learned is that when push comes to shove we always figure it out together.  I always thought that if I were unable for some reason to care for our daughter it would mean she would have to be moved into a facility with 24 hour care instead of living in our home, the only one she has ever known, with us as her caregivers and me primarily doing the hands on tasks.  Well, I was injured and needed rotator cuff surgery so was unable for a time to do many of the hands on tasks.  My husband stepped seamlessly in to that role until we were able to find a qualified home care aide to come in for a few hours so that he could go to work.  It has all worked out well and I find that acting as a manager instead of the primary hands on person is not as difficult as I had feared.  I also learned that having patience with myself and healing is just as important as having patience with others.  I am amazed at how the body heals and compensates for muscles and tendons that are unable to be repaired completely so that most function is possible once again; at least enough to accomplish what I need and want to. I also learned that sharing my poems and thoughts seems to help some of my friends in some way and that it is a gift to be able to do so.  I'm sure there is much more but for me these were the most important lessons.

Happy New Year!  Let's see what 2023 teaches us!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, fabulous year-end post. The three poems you included are beautiful and perfect. You absolutely have a wonderful gift! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Ralph