Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Mostly Pictures

     This one is short on words as I have been tied up most of April with phone calls and other communications with county and state workers, and an advocacy agency trying to untangle an unnecessary snafu with services for my daughter.  It leaves me emotionally drained, mentally exhausted, and extremely irritated.  Hopefully we are close to a resolution in my daughter's favor.  Enjoy these pictures of flowers and some short verse.  I expect to find inspiration for a more wordy post soon.

         We visited a nearby county park for an early Spring picnic with my sister in law recently.


                  I made some sausage vegetable noodle soup one day for comfort.


I planted tulip bulbs the year before my oldest daughter was born, she's now 31 and they still come up every year!


                                   Just a violet growing by the driveway.


                                 My friend likes that I left the dandelions there.

                           Don't remember what these are, but they come up every year.

This one and the next 2 are azaleas and we bought them at a supermarket at least 20 years ago.  They were in 6 inch pots when we planted them.  I love all my perennials that brighten up my yard; and these azaleas look festive at Christmas when we drape strings of lights on them.


3 comments:

Kay G. said...

Love perennials, so nice to have them pop up every year! Tulips, I love but squirrels around here like to dig up tulip bulbs. Dang squirrels.

S. Donald said...

Our squirrels were too busy eating all the other kinds of bulbs I planted, and gathering the over abundance of acorns from the oak trees in the neighborhood! They happily for me overlooked the tulips.

Anonymous said...


Since a picture is worth a thousand words, this is actually quite a wordy post! lol It's a lovely post too, with the history of your flowers. And that soup looks yummy! Sending strength (and sheer force of will!) for your "fight"!
Ralph