Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Dishes in the Sink

         There are those who will say that dishes left in the sink overnight is unacceptable.  While I generally don’t leave them there before going to bed, there are times when I do.  Last night was one of those times.  It was 9:00 by the time I would have gotten to them, and although I wasn’t tired, I’d had too much fun yesterday to spoil the mood with such a mundane task.  My daughters and I had a game day on our back deck with my sister-in-law and niece that began with lunch and Mad Libs.  After feasting on cold cuts, pickles, chips and laughs, we moved on to board games such as Apples to Apples and Pictionary.  We broke briefly for coffee, cookies, and muffins and continued on until my husband arrived home from work.  At dinner time we ordered pizza, watched Jeopardy, (well, that’s a game!), then returned to the deck for another board game until darkness kept us from seeing.  We moved inside for tea and the rest of the muffins over yet another game until we realized the time.  The evidence of our day was piled in the sink, and I simply turned off the light and sat down with my husband to watch a ballgame before retiring.  Upon being greeted by the sinkful of dishes this morning I smiled to myself remembering some of the funny moments from yesterday.  Now, if I could just start having the same positive attitude about laundry……..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an excellent day! And what an excellent attitude you have re: dishes!! :-D
Ralph

Kathi said...

Haha... love that! What a fun day relived the following morning over a pile of dishes!