Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

A Wrap Up of September Celebration


It seemed to me like September was just a blink of the eye.  It was an eventful month so maybe that's why it seems to have passed so quickly.  It started with Labor Day and the little cookout I hosted and was followed by a 30th birthday party for Hillary.  There was a lot of planning and preparation and hoping for nice weather.  It all paid off and the day was a huge success with beautiful weather which was warm and sunny with a bit of a breeze.  The birthday girl was very happy that day and fully enjoyed the festivities and attention from family and friends. I couldn't have asked for anything better than that!  She even kept her birthday crown on all day which was a surprise because generally she doesn't like anything on her head.  I was exhausted by the end of the day but it was such a good time had by all that it was a really nice kind of tired that made the bed feel so good that night when at last I fell into it.

The birthday girl surrounded by all her gifts.  Which one to open first?  Such a fun decision to make.

Since we were to be outside, and because there are still covid concerns I decided that cupcakes and individual ice cream cups was the way to go.  No I didn't make the cupcakes, but I arranged them in two tiers and it was quite a nice presentation.  They were delicious!
A chipmunk sits on my husbands car munching on the acorns the old oak tree litters our driveway with.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillary's party and the birthday treats look wonderful! So glad she had such a great day. I'm surprised that chipmunk didn't quietly sneak in and get himself a cupcake! lol
Ralph