Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Remember


I remember the sound of my mother’s laughter.

I remember how my mother called her mother every Thursday morning.

I remember fried eggs on toast for lunch, and fresh veggie sticks in the summer.

I remember fresh black raspberries for our cereal on a summer morning that my mother picked off the bushes in our yard before we were up.

I remember the pride in my mother’s voice when she spoke to others about her children.

I remember the joy on my mother’s face on each of our wedding days.

I remember the tender proud joy of my mother when holding her first grandchild, and her second, and third, and fourth, and fifth!

I remember the first sight of each of my daughter’s faces after they were born.

I remember the pride of showing off each of my babies.

I remember sleepy middle of the night feedings.

I remember singing softly to my babies.

I remember holding the little hands of my girls.

I remember the silkiness of the childhood hair as I braided their hair.

I remember handmade gifts and cards, and bouquets of dandelions.

I remember so much more than there is room for here.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Beautiful things to remember.. and cherish forever.