Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Comfort & Joy

Tidings of comfort and joy are words in the Christmas carol "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen". Also on this travel mug my friend gave me. When it's filled with coffee I hold comfort and joy in my hand. But it also makes me think about other things that bring me those feelings. Walking in the door at the end of the workday brings me comfort; just having a home is one of the most reassuring things in life; a place where I belong no matter what else happens in my day. Just knowing that helps get through some tough days. I can't imagine not knowing where you are going to be at the end of the day. It must be awful.
What about joy? The people in my life bring me joy. My husband and children, my coworkers and friends, my siblings and their families brighten the days. Having a good laugh over some shared silliness is such a wonderful thing to do. Joy also comes from music, a bright sunny day, and overcoming a challenge. Seeing a loved one happy is one of the greatest feelings in life. This time of the year it seems everyone is wishing each other comfort and joy; I wish that for you too.
 
My favorite Yuletide coffee cup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy smile! This is really nice.
Ralph