Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crushing & Events

I've been a little lazy with writing these past few weeks, as I'm sure you can tell if you visit this blog with any regularity.  In fact, I've only turned the computer on a couple times in the past month or so.  I wish I could say I was doing something important or amazing or that I'd been traveling but alas, I cannot.  We've had several events to attend, Hillary had 2 dances to go to, Memorial Day weekend flew by, we had my niece's confirmation, and a graduation party to attend.  Aside from that it's been work, house things, reading, and a Candy Crush obsession stealing my writing time away.  Most of those things I just mentioned are inevitable parts of having family and friends and obligations.  Candy Crush, however, is a glorious time waster, replacing Angry Birds as claiming my down time.  I don't know what it is about lining up three or more colorful candies in a row to score points and get to the next level that fascinates me so, but there you have it.  I'm crushing on crushing.  My daughter started it, and now my husband is obsessed as well.  It's a sickness.  Picture this: Sunday evening, three adults in the living room, two on the couch, one in a recliner, the TV tuned to a classical music station.  Pachebel's "Canon in D" is playing softly in the background and nobody is looking at anyone else, nor are they exchanging words.  Each is looking at a small device in their hand, occasional exclamations of defeat and triumph escaping each one.  Even now, as I sit here writing this I see those rows of brightly colored candy in my mind's eye and wonder if I'll ever get off level 29 where I've been stuck for about 3 months now.  I can't remember what I did to waste time when I didn't have an electronic device.  Perhaps that pile of puzzle books collecting dust over there in the corner offers an answer to that question............

No comments: