Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Long Overdue Post!!!

Well, I've no excuse except for having some computer problems and a full life, but I did want to do a Thanksgiving post!  So, my scattered readers, I offer you the following "list" post of things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for the memory of a perfectly clear, bright, deep blue sky with puffy white clouds day from last summer that I spent with Princess Hillary at the park, having lunch and looking at Horseshoe Lake from a bench under the most wonderful tree which provided us with dappled sunshine that danced as a breeze played through the leaves.  I go there in my mind frequently.

I am thankful for a husband who understands that even if we can't afford to go away on vacation, we can do "vacationy" things, such as going to the zoo and out to dinner as a family, or taking a drive over roads we don't usually travel, stopping for lunch where we don't usually eat, and capping it off with a few hours on a warm Novemeber afternoon on our patio by the chiminea feeding it wood and junk mail until it's dark out.

I am thankful for a wonderful grown daughter who still enjoys being with her family, even going on "staycation" with us!

I am thankful for being able to host Thanksgiving dinner and sitting around the table over pie and coffee reminiscing with my brothers and sister-in-law about the past while all our children listen intently, learning all they can about our pasts.

I am thankful for a work environment that allows for laughter, discussion, and some argument without becoming hostile, and for a wonderful group of ladies who make it all possible.

I am thankful for having a comfortable place to live, and enough food in my pantry and freezer to feed us as many meals daily as we wish to have.

I am thankful for all of my friends; those who have known me for 40+ years, and those who have known me for 1 year, and all of those friends in between.  Their acceptance and encouragement are priceless.

Last, but not least, I am thankful for all of you who read my blog! 

No comments: