Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Autumn Rhymes

Well I could make rhymes with “Autumn”, such a “bottom”, or “caught ‘em”,  but I just thought some rhymes I’ve written in the past, and some more recent might be a nice, quick read for you. 

Tuesday's Truths: 
Spider webs look pretty 
in the early light of dawn, 
but the spiders sitting in them 
make me scream loud and long, 
laughing away the workday 
is the best way to get by, 
it's oh so nice when co-workers 
all see eye to eye.9/27/11

October dawns with air that’s cool,
As is generally the rule,
With shorter days and crisper air,
And golden sun beyond compare,
The trees will sport their colored leaves,
And at the end a ghostly breeze.2017


Obnoxious politicians,
Rumored scary clowns,
According to the squawking heads,
There's a hurricane bearing down,
There are gloom and doom purveyors,
Everywhere it seems,
Read a happy book at bedtime

If you don't want scary dreams!10/5/16

Leaves are falling
Through sticky air
Can’t find a 
Cool breeze anywhere
October weather’s 
Up and down
Cold then hot
And all around.10/6/2017

On a chilly, rainy Autumn day,
At home is where I wish to stay,
Making soup and drinking tea,
Having time to spend with me,
Alas! To work I still must go,
Up the stream I’ll row, row, row.9/2018

Summer leaves on an Autumn breeze,
Cool dry air is sure to please
Those who long for air to breathe,
The sun is bright, it’s a sparkling day,
There’s not much more that I can say,
‘Cept have a happy, lovely Saturday!10/2018

Cool and rainy Sunday morning,
Sleepy thoughts and coffee’s warming,
Bleary eyes blink and clear,
Nostalgic thoughts bring a tear,
Time moves forward, sure and steady,
Regardless of if we are ready.9/2018

Happy Autumn!

No comments: