Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Summer Afternoon


Blue skies and sunshine,
A sight so divine,
Some might even say,
It's a day that's sublime!

This is a picture of some wind chimes I have. The closest is hanging from the Wisteria, the ones further away hang from the pipe frame we had the kiddie swing hung from when the girls were little.

Summer days have a special quality to them that makes them irresistible. This is especially true on a weekend afternoon. Give me warm sunshine, a deep blue sky with white puffy clouds, and a light breeze and I’m a happy woman! Throw in a weekend afternoon with no plans other than enjoying the beautiful weather and slow pace and I’ll call it heaven! Some people like to travel away or go somewhere and do things like play tennis, hike, ride bikes or go out in a boat on nice days. I'm more of a homebody and feel most comfortable and at peace when I’m relaxing in my own yard, enjoying the sound of my wind chimes, the breeze rustling the leaves as they sway lazily in the sun, and the colors and scent of my flowers. There's something to be said about just staying home and enjoying what you have worked so hard for. I treasure these kinds of days where there is no reason to rush around, just move through the day at a leisurely pace, read a book, watch a ballgame on tv, and throw something on the grill for dinner. Most of the year is filled with things to do and places to go on the weekends.  Summer slows things down and urges rest and enjoyment. Today I’ve sat outside blowing bubbles for my princess's entertainment, and read  a book in between contemplating the clouds’ shapes and the sunlight playing on the trees; I expect to do more of that every chance I get for the rest of the summer. Those are not the most exciting plans, but I can do without excitement for a couple of months. I hope you get a chance to slow down, relax, and enjoy your surroundings this summer--or go do the things you like to do. You know where I'll be!



The next two pictures are just looking through the trees with today's beautiful blue sky peeking through.


You can see the  white puffs of clouds, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed 100%! :-)
Ralph