Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Thoughts

Monday is best described as "Monderday" and said in a monotone.

The weekend passes way too fast, and if there were just a few more hours in Sunday I could get enough things done so that I'm not always in 'catch up' mode on Monday.

Cheeseburgers with fried onions, overseasoned tater tots, pickles and a fresh salad make a satisfying Monday evening meal.

Laughing with co-workers over lunch is a pleasant halfway point to any day, but Monday especially.

Joking with Hillary's classmate about where she was made for a pleasant moment at work.  (She was at work in the guidance office, but I told him that perhaps she had subdued both bus driver and aide after I put her on the bus this morning and was driving around town in the bus instead of going to school.)

Breezy, sunny, cool fall days remind me of growing up in northwestern NJ and trying to learn to do a cartwheel (something I never did master!).

Surprising Bruce and Anna with a simple homemade apple crisp (I didn't even use a recipe!) around 8:00 p.m. is a cozy way to end the first workday of the week. (the caramel sauce I put on my serving made it taste really special!)

Listening to the sounds of Bruce and Anna looking up the family tree on the computer while listening to and watching the "Sounds of the Seasons" cable channel playing Halloween music, showing autumnal and spooky scenes and trivia about Halloween is a nice way to end the day.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sue that sounds like a wonderful day. Mmm. I love apple crisp. So satisfying and delicious! The cool days of autumn are the best. I enjoy that music station from time to time too! :-)